The Equipment Hero widget is a great way to show exactly what your products look like, as well as different manufacturers you may have on your site. In a slider format with call to action buttons below each piece of equipment, this widget makes it easy to jump right into a machine specification.
Let's get started!
Adding the Equipment Hero to the Homepage
- Login to the dealers SiteFinity backend
- Under the top navigation go to Design>Page Templates, select Homepage
- Below the widgets bar on the right find Dealer Custom>Equipment Hero, once found drag and drop widget into the top of the Homepage layout
- Click More on the widget, and make the widget Editable on Pages so dealers can make changes later if needed
Customizing the Equipment Hero
- At the top right in the Equipment Hero widget click Edit
- From here you can customize each slide with uploading an image of the equipment chosen and a small summary of each product, titles, and call to action buttons
- We suggest using stock/ studio images with a transparent background for a clean look (Using an image with a non-transparent background will cause overlapping images to display poorly on some screen sizes/ mobile screens).
- Upload images for each slide by selecting image and save images under Default Library
- Click on each slide to edit. Fill out your Product Titles, Product Summary and Button Text
- Click on slide to edit, it will have a yellow border when editing
- Click Move Left and Move Right to move the current slide you are working on into a specific order you would like the slides to be in OR click and hold a slide to drag slides from left to right to view all slides at once.
- Click Change Background to change the entire backdrop image behind the slides (this is why having equipment stock images with transparent backgrounds will look best if an image is placed in the background).
- Select where you would like your Product Button Link to direct to
- Link your Button Text to a page within the site where you would find your equipment, or link it to a Url outside of the site.
Example: A Slide is an image of a STIHL Tractor, the Product Button link would go to- Equipment>Other lines>STIHL
*Note: You must have at least FIVE slides total for this widget to save!
Once you have up to five slides completed, preview your work.
If everything looks good click Save and Publish and you’re done!
Have a question or still need help? Submit a Help Ticket to the Kubota Help Desk!